Ilife Download for Mac Os X 10.6.8 Updated
Ilife Download for Mac Os X 10.6.8
Hi !
- Bought iPhoto on the Mac App Shop a few months ago
- Did a clean install of 10.vi.8 today.
- Tried to install newest iPhoto version. --> This failed, considering the latest iPhoto needs at to the lowest degree 10.7.four
How do I get a working version of iPhoto for 10.6.8 ?
No, I don't accept a backup of my application binder. (Considering the Mac App Shop conspicuously states, that "apps tin can be re-downloaded at any time without additional costs")
No, I don't have any other Macs with an older iPhoto version.
No, updating to Lion is non an choice for me.
Thank you,
Michael
If your Mac shipped with Snow Leopard, iLife should be available on the Applications Install disc that came with the Mac. In-box discs are auto-specific and are grey in color.
Alternatively, do you have a friend with a Mac with Lion that you could log into the App Store nether your business relationship, download iPhoto, and copy it over to your Snow Leopard Mac? I assume that would piece of work, since you'd be downloading information technology in your name and transferring information technology, kind of similar how transferring purchases used to work in iTunes.
Hope that helps! Skillful luck!
My Mac Pro shipped with Tiger.
Even if I could get my hands on the new version of iPhoto (v9.3): It would non work with 10.6.8. The system requirements clearly state that it needs x.7.iv.
The old version (v9.2.iii) that worked on Snow Leopard, is not available anymore and the Mac App Shop Back up is non able (or willing) to provide me with that particular version.
Wow, I'm stumped. After reviewing Apple'south site, it seems you are correct. I'm kind of surprised that Apple tree won't give you the version uniform with your organization. It gets really frustrating specially since Apple will release updates cut off compatibility with older systems (i.east., iWork '09 was initially compatible with PPC and Tiger/Leopard, but merely in the pre 9.1 updates). It can get extremely disruptive. Information technology doesn't seem fair that you bought it when it was compatible with Snowfall Leopard and at present the only reason you can't access it is considering they decided cut you lot off with an update. 9.2.3 was released in March of this year, less than three months ago, and 9.three was but concluding week!
But then again, Apple isn't exactly fond of supporting "legacy" systems.
The only solution I can think of, which isn't a very good solution, is to get a retail disc of iLife '11 and update manually to nine.2.3.
Sorry, wish I could assist more than.
An alternative way for you to get iPhoto 9.ii.three is to download the updater. The updater is the full app just does crave a previous eligible version to be installed. To become around this, use Pacifist to install information technology.
Annotation for future: ever keep a backup!
Final edited:
I followed upward with the Mac App Store Back up.
They answered once more with the same info: "Unfortunately, the version offered in the Mac App Shop will require Lion, which you lot will need to redownload in order to have the apps function properly. Your apps will just piece of work for ten.7.4 or afterward. Again, the Mac App Store does non offer older versions of the iLife apps." (or whatsoever other apps)
They so recommended to contact AppleCare.
I just got off the telephone with the german AppleCare Eye.
In curt, they we're stumped ("It's the first fourth dimension we hear about this"), they apologized and they will transport me an iLife 'xi DVD for complimentary. (I also was not charged for the "back up incident".)
(As all of y'all probably know: The iLife 11 DVD contains Snowfall Leopard-compatible versions of iPhoto and iMovie, which I can manually update to the latest Snow Leopard-compatible version by downloading the updaters from Apple's Support department.)
Thanks for all your advice and I hope this info will aid all other people who run into the same trouble.
The lesson I have learned:
"Apps tin be re-downloaded at whatsoever times without boosted costs."
NOT TRUE. KEEP BACKUPS OF YOUR APPLICATION Folder !
Yay! I'm glad they were able to help y'all! I had a similar problem when iLife '08 came out and they send me a DVD for it (or was it a CD back then?).
I guess what the App Shop said wasn't technically wrong - you can redownload apps, assuming you organization works with the latest version. That being said, though, making your ain backups ensures you have control over whether or not you have access to the application. Who knows? Apple could just make iPhoto disappear at whatever time (though that's unlikely).
dZp, cheers for the Pacifist link. I had never heard of that! That might come in handy some twenty-four hour period downward the route.
My Mac Pro shipped with Tiger.
Even if I could become my hands on the new version of iPhoto (v9.three): Information technology would not piece of work with 10.vi.8. The system requirements clearly state that information technology needs 10.seven.four.
The old version (v9.2.three) that worked on Snow Leopard, is not available anymore and the Mac App Store Back up is not able (or willing) to provide me with that particular version.
Clone your hard drive.
Update it to what you want.
And then hand transfer?
Two problems with that link -
The link to that update was already provided above in post #viii.
Downloading the update is not helpful if the prerequisite of iPhoto 9.1 is not already installed.If the OP (from more than than 3 years ago) has non moved on however, and did not have a backed upward installer for iLife '11, then the updater does no skillful at all.
i:The previous link did no good for me, it was a bad link.
2:I did not have any iphoto installed and this installed fine.
3:I was not posting for the OP, i was posting for anyone like me who has 10.6.8 and needs ilife.
Suggestion:
Search out and download from an UN-authorized source.
Sometimes one must do, what one must practise.
That is all...
Has anyone found a reliable source to download from?
Suggestion:
Search out and download from an United nations-authorized source.
Sometimes ane must exercise, what i must do.
That is all...[/QUOTE
Ilife Download for Mac Os X 10.6.8
Posted by: cummingsmileave1967.blogspot.com
